Thursday, May 01, 2008

I am a morning person. The day I wake up late I feel the day is wasted. Yesterday I did not set the alarm because today we have kept the office closed. It's Labour Day in Maharashtra so I decided not to labour today. But I woke up at 5.45 am on my own. The cuckoos were already up and making their presence felt. I went about my morning rituals of drinking 1.5L of water followed by a dreamy Yoga session. At 8.00 am I went back to sleep and woke up at 10.00 am, 2 hours of extra sleep doesn't do anybody harm :D

I am very happy, my body is setting back into a proper clock rhythm. I dont have to make an effort to rise early anymore. Until just a month or two back I used to be constantly fatigued and sleepy. It's more than a month now and I have stuck to my 3 alternate days walking and 3 alternate days yoga schedule. I can see the paunch (actually a tire) slowly declining and relinquishing the space it was occupying around me.

I wanted to start with a bit of jogging too. That will have to wait a little, as I had fallen from a stool and sprained my left ankle and hurt the shin too. And as if that was not enough two days later did Surya Namaskar which hurt the leg more. Since then it has been acting up once in while. Which means the jog trip will have to wait until the left leg forgets all about the abuse it went through and starts cooperating again. I wish to be fit enough to be able to participate in the marathon next year. I don't want to run a long stretch or set a goal. I just want to be fit to be able to participate and run. That's it.

3 comments:

Anks said...

you know, you actually inspired me to start some excercising!

:)

Flying Machine said...

:) Lady Forrest Gump!

the-sagittarian-blogger said...

"Amen!!!"

loved ur spirit :)

Sweety