Friday, April 04, 2008

Who's Who?





So we are not as unique as we would like to think. Has anybody noticed the similarities between Kareena Kapoor (KK) and Paris Hilton (PH)? They look so same they could pass off for twins. Bhalla thinks they must be split soul, one born as KK and another as PH. I must say one smart soul, enjoying both lives.

Come to think of it, there must be everybody's look alike somewhere. When I was a kid of about 15-16 years, there was this grocery shop in our locality from where I shopped for groceries. Every time I went to this shop the guys working there would get really excited and would whisper among themselves. This went on a few times, each time they would call someone new from inside, look at me and whisper. Thankfully after a couple of visits I found the reason for all this excitement and whispering. The old man who owned the shop told me he had a daughter approx my age who looked "hoobahoo" like me and lived in Lucknow. Thats why everybody in the shop was happy to see me.

The moment I saw the connection and realised I was the source of a lot of happiness for the man, my mind started screaming DISCOUNT! DISCOUNT! But I think the man's antennae were out of warranty, they did not catch the signal my brain was sending. So I ended with no discount and a memory to surface every time I saw KK and PH pictures splashed in the papers. What must life be like for my lookalike? Married? Kids? A conventional life in conventional Lucknow? How different from the humble one's life who is just about managing to keep herself above the poverty line?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it... I knew it... It really is Paris Hilton. Paris, bata de, Kareena ko kahan chupa ke rakha hai?

Btw, why is Saif wearing polka dots? Has he gone dotty?

Flying Machine said...

No he wears it when he has to go potty. :D

the-sagittarian-blogger said...

dat was real cute :P

Sweety.