Monday, October 17, 2005

Luck and Bird Crap

They say if a bird craps on you it is a good luck sign. Well of all the clothes that my mom hangs in the balcony to dry, they (not the ones that talk about the birds and luck but the birds themselves) always choose to crap on my clothes and I mean always without fail.

Don’t know what’s happening with all that luck, maybe it’s accumulating for some later time. Right now things are just not working for me as far as my job is concerned. No matter what I do I have just not been able to meet my targets. Too much stress, that’s ok, there isn’t a job that is not stressful. But now my integrity is questioned why cause there is no tangible proof to show that I am putting in a lot of effort. Sincerity and hard work don’t speak, only results do. They also say that its 99% hard work and 1% luck, that 1% luck has been eluding me for a long time now.

It has started affecting me, I never new what mood swings were until now. I just don’t feel like talking to anybody, if somebody says something I feel like asking them to shut up. I don’t smile much cause my smile doesn’t reach my eyes anymore. Because I know I am being judged not for what I am but for how successful I am.

Thankfully I don’t feel this melancholy at home and I am still able to humour myself, I am still patient. Guess all that bird crap is responsible that I am still able to keep good sense.

These words by Javed Akhtar, sum up my feelings really well.
“Aisa nahi ke humko koi bhi khushi nahi,
lekin yeh zindagi toh koi zindagi nahi
Kyun iske faisle hume manzoor ho gaye………”

16 comments:

n.g. said...

yup, i'm at the powai dmart practically every day. live very close by. do you live around here too?

AND, you know, i used to feel EGGGJACTLY like you are feeling. and then i sat myself down and give myself a pep talk and told myself that NOTHING is worth the dejection. NOTHING matters that much. And i soon realised that nothing was wrong even, its just a phase, and it'll pass. do you listen to nitin sawhney? if you don't, you must. its like, therapy.

"we're only feathers in the wind
falling from the sky without wings
and though the world may fall
i know i'll see
sunshine through the rain
over me."

Anks said...

would u believe it Bhagya, I'm going through the exact same thing......... extreme mood swings, morose for no reason, a constant state of irritation....

hoping that we both find out a way to break out of it....

Anonymous said...

:( :) :D

Those were my mood swings... I also supply them in whole sale, especially the last two... please contact
Kholi No:420
Patli Gali
for more details

Kuldeep Prakash said...

faasalen hain dooriyaan hain,
befijool kee majbooriyaan hain.
dard bharee mushkaan hain,
eik gum kaa samaan hain.
kai baar yun bhee lagataa hain
zindagee ,zindagee par iljaam hain.
par phir bhee
aie zindagee mujhe tujhse mohabbat hain.
air zindagee mujhe teree jaroorat hain.

Anonymous said...

Ahoy.. buddy, hang in der.. after all retirement is only 30 years away :):)

Frankly, work situations suck everywhere.. i guess i should count my blessings and thank my stars and all the birds that i work in a company that has only 5 managers and each to his own.. being a representative off, so theres no need to meddle in anyoes job.. sad part is, if you take holiday or soemthing your work just piles up, cozthereis no one else to do it.. but i guess its better than most orgs.

dont you have a workersunion or something that you could join?? that works in india dosent it??

Anonymous said...

hmmm..
when u dont feel like talking to anyone. just blog. scribble ur thoughts. lol.
okie..joke apart....

the song which i rem now is - " yeh duniya agar mil bhi jaye to kya hai..." from the movie Pyaasa..

and birds dropping crap on ur clothes..well where have i seen that before...
hmmmmmm..
hmmmmmm...
yaad aaya - film " jhankar beats ". on rahul bose's car.

Anonymous said...

yea..infact it seems uget luckier if it is pigeon crap.since seema displayed her mood swings ..i am also going to ..

:-|,:-|,:-|,:-D,:-|

Anonymous said...

Well, you seem to hv mirrored my thoughts. So I guess every office is more or less the same everywhere. Since i myself hate platitudes coming my way, so not offering any either except for 'take care'

( On lighter note, the pigeon and crap thingie reminded me of Jhankar Beats ;-))

Anonymous said...

hey, whenever you feel down, you can shop for me man....mood change guaranteed ;)

Anonymous said...

btw.. :( will u snap at me n say shut up..when i say something???

Anonymous said...

Chin up lady!!!

Anonymous said...

apun ek gaana gaata hai tere liye...
"Taqdeer se bigadi hui taqdeer bana le
apne pe bharosa hai to ek daav laga le"

:)

cerisecarnations said...

apun bhi ek ghana gaata hain

" kabootar ja ja ja ....mere kurte par se hat ja...."

so bhagya dont fret coz life is already set ...sad poem i knw..but everything will be fine .mona kaheko itna rona.:D

AakASH!!! said...

Waah waah,. song singing going on... :D

and for your moods i just have to say this,

"Is mod se jate hain,
Kuch sust kadam raste
Kuch tez kadam raahein..."


So cheer up, its just a phase.

Anonymous said...

I know this feeling ....its like a second skin now....and the only way to bear it is not to give a damn. Hope things get better ....Which they wd eventually....even ur name says that much....God bless you.

Flying Machine said...

Arey, so I am not alone. Everybody has gone through this feeling sometime.

So its normal.