Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer 2007

I watched Summer 2007 yesterday. It was by fluke that I ended up watching it. Kathy got a break from perjury and was home (his home). He wanted to watch a movie on Sunday by any means, but since he had to go back early evening, he wanted to watch an early afternoon show. We had plans to either watch Aamir, Sarkar Raj or Indiana Jones, but none of the show timings were good for Kathy. The only option was Summer 2007 at 11.40 am. We weren't even thinking of summer 2007. I was under the impression it must be 'I know what I did last summer' kind or other such stupid Hollywoodesque movie. With close to no TV promos and an odd poster here and there with the 5 main characters in various poses for publicity, anybody would think that. My sis said the movie's got good review in IE. I read it, called Kathy and we decided to go for it. I am glad I watched the movie inspite of all odds, sunday morning, lazy mood, and prejudiced preconceived notions about the movie. All in all the movie's good work, nice work by the actors too. Unfortunately, the movie is up only for the morning shows in all multiplexes. There were only 2 rows occupied for the show. My suggestion would be skip the Priyadarshans and RGVs and watch summer 2007 this monsoon. Sad how superbly pathetic and no purpose movies like Tashan and the likes have huge publicity budgets and movies like Summer 2007 come and go without a trace.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahoy there.. miss mayajaal.. how are u ? cant comment on the movies coz that part of my life hasnt changed -- cant stay up past the first 5 min of a movie still -- but am back to stay for a while, so see you around.. cheers.. xxx

Flying Machine said...

dreamzzzzzzzzzzz! Coolios lady! What is this???? You want me to come out of inertia. tussi phir se apne blog pe incative ho jao.

Flying Machine said...

oh! You haven't left a link. I have lost link to all the blogs I used to visit. so whenever you are here next, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaj live the link. Am waiting to catch up with you.

Anonymous said...

www.awholenewdream.com/blog
thats where i am at :) and yeah.. i think am gonna try and be active :)

how have u been?

Anonymous said...

cool as a cucumber with a few warts here and there :)