Monday, February 20, 2006

Of Making Out, Perverts and Getting Married

At the University I have befriended a middle-aged woman, mother of three and a teacher by profession. Very nice lady but unintentionally funny. If she has any grouse she has to tell me. Once during a lecture she was all hassled so she is like, 'what are they teaching re, just rushing through the portion, can't even make out' I managed a straight faced acknowledgment.
Another time she was complaining about a colleague who is a pervert. I said, 'why do you say that?
You don't know re she hides her notes between sheets of correction papers and studies. She doesn't want me to know that she has the notes. Pervert only she is.
On the way to the station in the rickshaw, 'Do you think we will pass?
Me: yes we will
For you it is ok re you are used to studying I have lost touch long time back.
Me: Its been years since I have been out of college too. Don't remember when was the last time I studied.
With a surprised look.... 'what is your age?'
I am 28.
Surprise changes to reproach.
Not married yet (Note its a statement and not a question)
No I not married.
Why? Oh you want to first settle in career and then get married.
No nothing like that, just not married.
The discourse for today ends here.

6 comments:

Kon ?? said...

lolz @ making out and pervert :)))

just can't stop laughing :)

i hope this is not ur own sayings :P

cerisecarnations said...

yea its so hard for ppl in india to digest the fact that people can choose to remain unmarried at times..they want some reason to justify the umarried status

Anonymous said...

tell me about it!! been there, done that.

Anonymous said...

Konark - hehe no I didn't make it up.

CC - Arey Married is suppose to the default status for an adult, especially women

Pulse - What????????/

Anonymous said...

Oh tell me about it. If u r a woman past 20 and commit the grave mistake of attending a wedding, where many of ur relatives are likely to come, u r doomed! while measuring the savory food from the corner of their oggle balls, they will start showering their 'concerns" on u and ur parents and will lso come up with the names of many "eligible" bachelors. Goddamn poky noses!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh tell me about it. If u r a woman past 20 and commit the grave mistake of attending a wedding, where many of ur relatives are likely to come, u r doomed! while measuring the savory food from the corner of their oggle balls, they will start showering their 'concerns" on u and ur parents and will lso come up with the names of many "eligible" bachelors. Goddamn poky noses!!!