Friday, June 23, 2006

Ogie my twin friend, back from his honeymoon called, spoke with him for 45 minutes, and spoke for some while with his wife too. So things are still the same Ogie and me, still can talk without having to worry about the fact that he is now married. This thing about men and women cannot be friend’s is so silly. Whoever came up with this idea must be a psycho, born and brought up in Bihar.
Most of my closest friends are guys, going by the above mentioned rules I should have told each one of them, sorry though we get along so well and care for each other and will stand by each other no matter what, we cannot be friends cause you are men and I am a woman. Do genders apply to this relationship called friendship? To me my friends are just people with whom I get along and like to spend time with. Them being men or a woman never registers with me unless someone or some incident highlights it.
Once out of the blue Dim asked me, Sir you won’t talk to me or meet me once you get married?
I said why I would do that.
He said you don’t understand, things change after marriage, your husband will not like you talking to guys.
Why will I marry such man?
You say that now but you will meet a guy and fall in love and do whatever he says.

I went home from work and told my amma what Dim had said. She said, why will you marry such a man?
I smiled.
I know where I inherited my attitude from.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hei bhagya this is one awesome post yaar..i always say to my frnds...there is no gender in friendship.

and dont marry such a guy

good one yaar :)

cerisecarnations said...

well i always believe that you make friends with an individual not the gender.but i generally keep a little away from friends who have gfs or wives coz of previou snegative experiences.better for my peace of mind as well.

Flying Machine said...

Godo - I won't. :D

CC: I have very few friends who are dear to me. GFs and Wives or not they will remain my friends. Other guys I dont keep much in touch with anyways.

Anonymous said...

bravo
wish there were more like u