Thursday, June 29, 2006

Life is the intoxication sober minds are high on.

I was reading about Pace Makers, a metal device that helps the heart pump blood throughout the body. As always my mind went on a tangent. I thought how human body is just like a device. Every body part has its function if it doesn’t work properly the system goes for a toss.

Last May I was diagnosed with Pleural infection in my right lung. Pleural is the protective cover over the lung. Water had accumulated between the pleural and the lung, the result, a shrunken lung. My doctor assured that it is not a big deal, I will recuperate very soon as I did not smoke or drink and didn’t do drugs either. He advised me to do pranayam and complete the entire course of medicine for nine months without a break. According to him yoga would be more effective in helping the lung to grow back to its normal size than medicines.

The antibiotics to be taken in the initial months are very strong and can leave you with Arthritis as side effects. Not every body under this medication is affected, but when it comes to me, it is always extreme excitement, so I had to experience arthritis too. Excruciating pain, every joint aches, even the toes. Fortunately I found a very good Yoga teacher and since then have been hooked to yoga. It is now an important part of my life.

What if I had been addicted to any of the substances mentioned by the doctor? Would my body be able to fight the disease and build back its immune system as easily? I am talking of addiction here, not occasional drinking or smoking, lots of people do that and still maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Life Sucks! Life is a Bitch! Life is a fucking whore! Surprisingly I have heard these expressions from people who are addicted to one or all of these substances. These things supposedly help keep frustration at bay ironically these were the most frustrated people I ever came across. One body to last a lifetime best you can do is take good care. Give yourself a chance. Life is Beautiful.

9 comments:

SwB said...

a lovely post. how easily we take our bodies for granted. here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

much love, SwB

Anonymous said...

Well said lady! Well said! Hope you are doing well now!

Flying Machine said...

SwB - Hey I recovered long time back. Was ill in May 2005.

GS - What do u think?

Kishley (Dolly Sapra) said...

yup life is beautiful :) and taking good care of ur body is very imp to lead a healthy and a long life.. i wish i live till atleast the age of 80 :D

Anonymous said...

good one bhagya..hmmm

Flying Machine said...

Kishley - Amen! May your wish come true.

Godo - Yes I know I am the good one.

Anonymous said...

come on bhagya.. we know about the drugs.. :p
what about the snorting session we had at CCD..??

Flying Machine said...

Shreyas - How mean, why did you have to mention that here?

Anonymous said...

nude beach house free