Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Bangalore Day 1 - 8th Dec

The flight was delayed by about an hour. So it left after 12 noon and we reached Bangalore at 2.00pm. Manju and I both had to go to Bangalore so thought will travel together. While we were waiting noticed a girl wearing a sexy ghagra with a tshirt and a dupatta, what a great ensemble! Then there was this I am the dude types with Harley Davidson belt and a tight tee. The most interesting person was this guy who resembled Emran Hashmi and was walking around with a pout. I even imitated him there at the airport and caught some people looking at me and trying to figure out if I was harmlessly mad or just mad.

Once we boarded the plane messaged my friend The Viyer who was gonna pick us up from Bangalore airport, that we are finally on our way. As usual Viyer was not on time but this time she blamed the traffic and not her erratic sleeping habits. We were famished; so Viyer ordered food on the way to her house to save time. Full of self importance she said how when she was new in Bangalore, she had to ask others to order food for her, things have changed now ‘The Order becomes the Ordee’. Reached her house, made coffee and the food arrived. Gorged on the food and then we just relaxed. (in girlie terms it means we talked non-stop) Manju was picked up by her friend in the evening and Viyer and me went to the market, bought some fruits, vegetables and masala. Its funny how Viyer speaks to everybody in Bangalore in Tamil and they reply in Kannada or Tulu, God knows if they understand anything she says, but they do reply. I have concluded that any tongue twisting language goes down well with them.

We picked up 3 VCD’s and went home. Put all the stuff away and then went for dinner with Manju and her friend. This restaurant we went to they started closing it at 10.30pm, for God sake in a city who shuts down restaurants so early. But they did not lock us in they allowed us to complete our dinner and leave.  After 9.00pm rickshaw wallahs rule, not a single one wanted to take us home, one agreed but wanted 30 bucks for a minimum fare distance. Finally viyer and I reached home we put ‘When Harry Met Sally” on, (I had not watched this movie before) 15 minutes into the movie and it got stuck. After waiting patiently for few seconds for it to start again, we gave it some gallis, to be precise we said ‘teri jaat pe baida maru’ and it started working another 10 minutes and stuck again. This time even gallis couldn’t make it work. We struggled with it for some time and finally gave up. Viyer suggested I should go to Mumbai and watch this movie.

The twice of us started talking, we had to catch up on a lot. We didn’t realize how long we been up, I looked at the clock and it was 5.00am. We decided to sleep, every time I would doze off Viyer would ask me historical questions like when did we go to Malavali, when is your birthday and the like. She allowed me to sleep at around 6.00 only because she was hungry and had gone to the kitchen to hog on whatever was leftover from the lunch. And I slept peacefully.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The order becomes the ordee"... now we have Viyer-isms too!

Abbe tumlog to bahut mazaa kiya... waise even I slept late, but was not struggling with VCDs or anything... just talking :D

Kon ?? said...

wb to blog after a long time :D

gosh these talkative girlie souls !! ufff...
so u hvnt seen "when harry met sally" YET :o ? damn ? its a must see :)
tho after seein it u mite stop being frnds with GUYS :D, lolz..

btw u dint talked about other 2 VCDs ?
hmmmm which VCDs were they ??
answer before my mind starts some IMAGINARY IMAGINATIONS ;)

Pulse said...

and you didnt get sponge cake :(

Anonymous said...

she's back.. to being the "B.."
((i wish i could show u the balle balle here..))

:-)

Flying Machine said...

Seema - In short it boils down to chaddi-isms.

Konark - Eggjacktly how Viyer reacted when she came to know I had not watched 'When HArry met SAlly'. But I have vowed that I will watch it asap.
Arey guys are like that only but they make great friends.

Oops guess I have been very late you must have gone bonkers with your IMAGINARY IMAGINATIONS. Arey got to write abt some more exp. will mention those VCDs then.

Flying Machine said...

Pulse - Arey this Bangalore is a sad place, culdnt even get neer dosa there forget sponge cake.

Shreyas - I wish I cud roll my eyes here. :)

Anks said...

looks like you had a busy holiday!

Anonymous said...

even i have not watched "when harry met sally" :( going by ur reactns, it sounds like a gr8 movie.. now i 2 vow to watch it asap.. :)

Kon ?? said...

>Arey guys are like that only but they make great friends.
hmmm ? so have u already seen that "Popular" dialogue sequence :) ??

okkk to jaldi likh na un do VCDs ke baare mein..vaise meri IMAGINARY IMAGINATIONS to bahut aage ja chuki hain :P

Flying Machine said...

anks - busy nahi re, lazy holiday tha.

doll - from whatever I saw it is a very nice movie, romantic toh hai hi, but well written and funny.

Konark - Zara sabr kar, mujhe kaam bhi toh karna hota hai. :D