Friday, December 16, 2005

A Child's Surprises

The first time amma was down with fever I was in primary school. I was surprised and shocked that she could fall ill too. For me she was this super being who was above us mere mortals.

The day the doctor’s mother in our neighbouring block died I was surprised. What was the point being a doctor if you couldn’t make your mother live forever.

The first time I went to my native place I was surprised that there were people in this world who couldn’t speak hindi and they still managed to survive.

Raju adored me. He was diagnosed with bone cancer and eventually passed away. I was surprised.

Once dad bought a huge chocolate cake on my sis Pallavi’s birthday and invited all our friends home, that was some surprise.

A pleasant surprise would be good to break the monotony.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sulplieeeese!

Flying Machine said...

Seema Aunty.

Anonymous said...

Galat jawab. Aapko apni lifeline ka istemaal karna chahiye tha. Ab aap mar gayi ... dhishkyaun!

Anonymous said...

agreed surprises are good to have :)

like its a surprise to get a bday wish from someone u didn't expected :D

Anonymous said...

oye.. ekdum lucidly likhaa hai re..!! good work..!!

Flying Machine said...

Kon?? - is that u using my name again?

me.. - Dhanvaad

Anks said...

yeah.... surprises add spice to life.... :)

Kon ?? said...

lolz yes it was me again !!! arey kitta aasan hai fake maarna !! was just trying out ;) as a SURPRISE :P

next time will try n use a better name..some big star or something :P

Anonymous said...

first time here...read some posts and liked them too...
about suprises, you never know what taste they are gonna leave but it makes life more celerative

cerisecarnations said...

i like surprises too..like diamonds for gifts ..:D..one day i will be surprised ;-)

Anonymous said...

surprises....
hmmm...what kind of surprise r u waiting for ?

kinght in a shiny armour...
or maybe u would rather prefer a hunk in a silver benz...hehe

just kidding...

Flying Machine said...

anks - yes they do.

Kon ?? - right! and I will be very happy that big stars are visiting my blog.

navneet - thanks and one shlud never lose the ability to be surprised.

CC - Vade Vade haan :-)

Vicky - bahut duur ki soch li, I did get a surprise the same day, kuch kaam ho acha ho gaya and I was not expecting it so it came as a surprise. Shayad if I had asked for something else usdin woh bhi mil jaata. :D