Thursday, December 15, 2005

Bangalore Day 2 - 9th Dec.

I woke up at 9.30 in the morning thanks to the grumbling noises made by my stomach. Viyer’s last night’s or rather early morning exploits evidence was lying on the living room sofa, she had managed to finish the leftover Veg Kolhapuri, Paneer masala, a bowl of curd and a small vessel of jelly. I gorged on bananas and Lays chips. (I did brush my teeth before eating) Read newspaper something which I don’t do in Mumbai. Checked on Viyer she was fast asleep, didn’t have the heart to wake her up. Not that she would wake up, after all she is Kalyug ka Kumbakaran.

Went to the terrace, the weather in Bangalore is really good, you can actually get out of your house anytime of the day just to while away your time. Came back read, ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide ……….’ for some time and then went off to sleep. Woke up in the afternoon, for the same reason – hunger. This time even Viyer woke up, we ordered Pizza and Garlic bread. Ate, then I listened to some music then went off to sleep again. Some time late evening we woke up, no clue what time. Made some coffee and also drank it, listened to some more music.

Viyer had to go to office that evening, I panicked, there was no way I was going to sleep alone in a new house, in an unknown locality where I don’t even know the neighbours. And the fact that I had watched ‘The Exorcism of Emily Rose’ on Sunday before leaving for Bangalore didn’t help me. The movie is not very scary but the demons in that movie come out every night at 3.00am what if that day they decided to come to JP Nagar find me alone and decide to possess me. I couldn’t take such a risk. So Viyer called up her aunt who stays nearby and asked if I could sleep at their house that night. Aunty said no issues and asked us to be at her house by 10.00pm.

We went out for dinner and wanted to go to Corner House and have this dessert called, ‘Death by Chocolate’ (more about it later) but decided against it as we didn’t want to be late. Viyer’s aunt and uncle are really nice people they made me feel very comfortable. Very sweet of Viyer too, to inform aunty that I will need drinking water during the night. Once Viyer left uncle gave me 4 books to read, probably he thought I was some kind of a genius who could finish reading 4 books in a night. I did read 1 chapter from this book ‘The Guru Of Joy by Francois Gautier. Interesting book, I will buy it. Bangalore has quaint houses which are right there on the road, so the whole night you hear vehicles passing by. Second night in Bangalore spent snuggled in and safe at Viyer’s aunt’s house.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gist of the story: You did NOTHING!

Wow! Exactly how u should spend your vacation :)

Flying Machine said...

Seema - my reason to go to Bangalore to do nothing. :-)

Anonymous said...

snuggled in house or bed :-p he he

Kon ?? said...

wat a post ? me going to sleep !! someone plz wake me up :)
...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PS: i too wish 2 read hitchhiker's guide ! maybe will read that SOME DAY :)

Anonymous said...

dontchya think ghosts possesing would have made life a lil more exciting than the regular mundane stuff..

aah.. mereko koi bhoot kyon nahee pakadte..??

u, girl.. have missed on a great chance to spicen up ur life for a while..

Anonymous said...

Pulse - the bed was in the house.

Konark - Sleeping Beauty time to wake up. And may ur wish come true.

Me - Have I? :-(

Anonymous said...

arrey naaraz kyon hote ho.. u'll definitely have another chance with the bhoots.. dont u take solace in the comforts of aunts and uncles then..

:-)

((and she' back to her sweet lil world again..))

Anonymous said...

welcome back..

i know i am late but still...:)

so had a good time in b'lore ?
just work or checked out the nightlife and the pub culture too ?
and scared by ghosts...heheheh

Flying Machine said...

Me.. - so the bhoots are not going to leave me alone. I know Hanuman Chalisa I will keep chanting it so that the bhoots cannot come near me.

Vicky - arey work nahi went to meet a friend and to chill. didnot checkout the pub scene as it is not possible to travel in Bangalore during the night if you dont own a vehicle.

Neel Arurkar said...

Ah! Corner house is so close to my house! Should try the 'Death By Chocolate' sometime