Saturday, December 03, 2005

Rendezvous With...

The realization hit me like a meteor. (Not that a meteor has ever hit me, nice things these meteors are) The work that I found boring and not stimulating; work that brought tears of sadness in my eyes and made me kneel down and cry. I have fallen for this work.

How and when it happened I can’t say, the process has been gradual. The Alchemist says if you really want something the whole universe conspires to make your wish come true. In my case it was just the MSEB* that had to be put in action to fulfil my subconscious wish. Consciously I have never wanted to fall for my job.

One fine day the MSEB decided to cut power for an hour or two every evening. The power would go off every evening and we would be plunged into darkness. We have backup power for the computers so work had to be continued in spite of no light. The beauty of working with just the faint light from the computer piercing through the velvety darkness spread in the office has to be experienced to be felt and appreciated.

Once the darkness fell I would be oblivious to my surrounding and just work and work. My colleagues were baffled to see this change in me. A girl who would do anything to get away from doing something constructive in the office had judiciously started paying attention to the much-neglected computer.

This continued for sometime and with each passing day I grew more loving and patient towards people around me. Oblivious I had been but not so much that I could work without able to see the keyboard or knowing what my hands would hit next. So one fine evening I lit a candle, and during that candle light work session I realised that I was besotted with my work. And thus started my rendezvous with my job.



*Maharashtra State Electric Board

33 comments:

n.g. said...

i told the aliens to not hit you with meteors.

i can reverse that order if you so wish.

Anonymous said...

well..not to sound ridiculous, but i am still trying to understand...

u not working with MSEB...r u ?

Anonymous said...

ha ha nice one..
jus realised..how romantic a candle light "work" would be..lol
tc bhagya

Anonymous said...

with no offenses to nish, vicky n godo..

just look at the flow of creativity of these dudes with their comments.. ek se badhkar ek hai..!! ((the interpretaions of ur article..))
cheers guys..!!

:-) nacheez yaha aaj belong nahee karta..

btw, liked the way u've taken so beautifully to something so.. sometimes insignificant and hated as a power cut..

goody good..!!

Gaurav said...

experienced candle light dinner a few times..even studied in a candle light..but this candle light work is something new to me!

Kon ?? said...

lolz i too wish that something like this happens with me too, coz i generally run away from anything remotely resembling work,coming my way.
But my office is sadly completely backed up even the lights :(, so this thing can't happen to me !! Also for ppl like me who do timepass mainly sitting on the computer are not affected by their surroundings :)

PS: thx 4 being "lost in matrix" ;)

Flying Machine said...

nish - so kind of u. Puhleeeeeeeeese dont reverse the order.

Flying Machine said...

Vicky - Kya kare hamra humour hee kuch aisa hai, kisi ke samajh nahi aata.

Nopes me aint working with MSEB.

Flying Machine said...

godolphin - :-) YA it is very romantic, take my word for it.

Flying Machine said...

ME..- Kyun bhai belong karna kyun band kar diya?

Aur analyst kab se ban gaye baki logon ke comments ka.

Flying Machine said...

Gaurav - never experienced candle light dinner hence the romance with candle light work. :D

Flying Machine said...

Konark - Not everybody is lucky like me.

Thx ki kya baat hai, doesnt take me too much trouble to be lost in the matrix or otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Arre wah, lemme try this out too ;-)

Anonymous said...

arrey analysis nahee re.. just found em all a bit peculiar.. kinda liked their creative intepretations.. most so because all of them and then my interpretation of ur article.. found em all on different dimensions..

aise hi re kabhi kabhi.. aaj main waise bhi bahut ghum mein hun.. kisi ne aaj mera dil todd diya..!! :-(

Anonymous said...

Hmm... somebody giving orders to aliens and all... for you... nice nice...very nice.
Remember who lit the candle for you first?... someone who loves holding hands with you... someone who loves your hands... he he he... aren't u besotted with him too *innocent expression* ?

Anonymous said...

*innocent expression* and words before.. say a lot of things.. :p or am i reading too much.. "between the lines.." the ordering aliens and all..

:)

Flying Machine said...

DJ- do that it is great fun

Flying Machine said...

Seema - huh?????????????????????

Is this some kind of an embarass bhagya drive?

Its called shaking hands Ganju and not holding hands. Its a normal practise among cultured societies. From where u come ofcourse u wouldnt know.

Flying Machine said...

ME.. - I am sure u got better things to do than pay attention to what Ganju says.

Kon ?? said...

>doesnt take me too much trouble to be lost in the matrix or otherwise.

ya getting lost doesnt require much trouble !! trouble is required in getting out :)

Anks said...

well, throw in a little bit of candle light and women will fall in love with anything... even their work.

Anonymous said...

aiyla.. abhi chupp baithna hi achcha hoga.. seema, tu bhi kalti le le kuch der ke liye..

IcEyeZ said...

besotted with work ? quite interesting...maybe for ppl who really luv their jobs...they dont have any work in this world ! ;)

cerisecarnations said...

MSEB ki jai!!!!

Flying Machine said...

Konark - arey works ulta for me.

anks - hahahaha rightly said.

me - dono kahi saath mein chale jana. hahahahahaha

IcEyeZ - Very true!

CC - MSEB Zindabad. :D

Anonymous said...

you are hereby formally invited to have a rendezvous with MY JOB...

and i promise DEWA will not cut off power.. :):) need to be bailed outta here..

Anonymous said...

now thats really romantic work!!!

Anonymous said...

u..and BESOTTED..What's wrong with you??

Anonymous said...

Shucks !! What hv u been eatin dear to actually hv a rendezvous with plain work.....ofcourse if u were workin with a handsome hunk...that wd hv been a true rendezvous !!!!

Anonymous said...

Now now, u started liking work so much ke u forgot posting here?

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwww.... but i like ur post :)

Flying Machine said...

Dreams - wud have loved to bail you out, but 2 at a time aint my style. :D

doll - u bet.

Ajay - Nothing and why Not?

rusty - you had to mention hunks didnt you. :-)

deepakjeswal - was outta town, now back.

Now now, u started liking work so much ke u forgot posting here?

Gemini Girl - Thx girl.

Anonymous said...

bellcome..!!