Thursday, August 11, 2005

Mommy's Girl

Mamma’s boy……… Papa’s girl, is it true, may be. But like in everything else I make an exception here too, cause I am a Mamma’s girl through and through. Why? Well let me explain.

In the distant past, we had these 2 very good theatres in our neighbourhood, where the tickets cost Rs.3. So me and my siblings, that’s total four of us (Family planning wasn’t in vogue back then) would go to our Dad and ask for Rs.12 so that we could catch the latest Hindi flick. He wouldn’t right away refuse to give us the money, but instead would say, why don’t you guys watch English movies, (Like watching Basic Instinct and The day of The Animals was the happening thing for kids those days) Now replace Daddy with Mummy (why wasn’t she the one making money), she not only would have given us the money for the movie, but for snacks too.
Back to present, I will reach home from office & tell my mom, “Mom a guy joined us in the office today, don’t know which department. The guy is quite dashing though”. And she will go wow, did u talk to him, does he like you, do you think he will marry you, when are you getting him home and I will be like hallo, I don’t even know his name. But you get the point don’t you, I mean she is concerned.
Now replace Mummy with Daddy, I say “Dad a guy joined us in the office today, don’t know which department. The guy is quite dashing though”. And my Dad will be like, could you pass the remote to me.
Need I explain More.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! Moms are soooo cute. Now, u made me miss my mom :(

Anonymous said...

:) moms.. what can you say.. they rulezz.. i would love mine even more.. if only she would let my dirty jeans be.. :( And hey.. thnx.. for linking me.. :)