Friday, September 16, 2005

Abducted Floater Found in a Mangled State

DISTRESS NEWS SERVICE
16 September, 2005

Theft of a floater was reported on Wednesday evening. The floater belonged to Bhagya and was stolen by a dog from outside the Yoga classes she attends. She had to go back home barefoot, her trauma did not end there. Next day morning the floater was found in an extremely mangled condition and was thrown away without her permission. She has written to the Corporator of Lake Town, who has promised her a committee will be set to investigate the matter. Police have dismissed involvement of any gang of dogs; they have proof to believe that this is the work of a lone hungry dog. Similar incidents have been reported earlier too and residents of Lake Town feel the security measures taken by the police are not enough. Dim a friend of Bhagya’s said, it is very unfortunate that the floater was stolen and then found in such a bad state, really unfortunate. Kathy on condition of anonymity said that this was bound to happen someday. Ganju another colleague of the victim (Bhagya) was too excited to comment. Please observe two minutes of silence in solidarity for the lost floater.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

..........................................................................

Now that the moment has passed, I wish to express my deepest condolences to the sole survivor of the deseased "floater".

Lets start a signature campaign, where everyone signs with his/her right leg to support the cause of distressed floaters and other footwear that fall prey to the hungry members of the canine species (I mean dogs you silly!)

Flying Machine said...

@Seema - Why don't you also start a charity campaign to collect money so that I can buy new floaters. Trust me its really difficult walking with one floater on. :D

Anonymous said...

first of all my condloences to u..hope u get a new floaters soon!! well am game for the charity fund..not as a donor but as a recipent..he he..but hei it was a nice one..am ROTFL!!

Anonymous said...

I am shocked bhagya! In this time of distress, you are worried about walking barefoot??? Shame on you... your surviving floater needs all the emotional support he can get. I shall demand that he be taken away from you and placed in foster care until better sense prevails.

Flying Machine said...

@Seema - Awright do that take away the surviving floater find a mate for it and then return it to me and meanwhile think about financially supporting me, emotionally I am strong unlike the floater. :-)

Flying Machine said...

@godolphin - They said it right, somebody else's sorrow is always funny. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ouch! (@"Somebody else's sorrow is always funny")

Anonymous said...

oops..had not for d smiley :-) ..i thot u were serious..

Flying Machine said...

@godolphin - scared you, didn't I?

Anonymous said...

iam yaar..u scared the wits outta me..thot i brushed the wrong side of u..LOL

Anonymous said...

Lemme just dedicate this song to "The Mangled One" on behalf of the one who was left behind. "Wish you were here" - by Pink Floyd.
He he, had to do it! been listening to it for too long!

Flying Machine said...

@dim - I am sure The Mangled One's soul has now found peace.

Anonymous said...

Seema, when you said deseased floater, I hope you meant deceased and not diseased... Or was I hoping against hope?

Clarification please...

Anonymous said...

I meant deceased... I was thinking of diseases ... coz someone I contacted for an interview excused himself coz he's got jaundice... will be fine tomorrow... yeah, right!

I hope that is clarification enough... or do you want me to run a spell check on this comment too?

Crush said...

GANJU again!! you rock!! told ya... i JUST LIKE this name!

well....uh... on sober notes...

My sincere condolences. It was a brutal incident. Hope he (floater) is watching from above clouds and smiling at your affection for him!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about money saving tip. I also have a site about money saving tip which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!