Thursday, September 29, 2005

Reclaim Your Lives

After all these years I am still not used to being stared at. What’s with most of the men, why do they have to stare? Agreed and accepted every time they see a new lady they have to check her out, it’s got something to do with their basic nature I believe. Just like they check out new gadgets, cars and the likes women fall in the same category so just check them out. But why doesn’t it end there, why does a man have to stare at a woman whom he happens to see every day, here I am talking about guys at the work place.

At my last job the process I worked in had about 700 people, mostly guys. And for some reason mostly all of them had made staring at girls their hobby. Worked there for 18 months, there wasn’t a single day when I didn’t freak out. I am sure most of the girls who worked at this place now have an attitude issue either they think they are too good to be true or they think they are freaks or circus clowns. I happen to move from one end of this thought spectrum to the other depending upon the positioning of my stars. There was this guy who would keeping staring even when his girlfriend was with him and the girl instead of slapping the guy would look daggers at the being stared at girls. If slapping doesn’t get the results girls do get in touch with me for some really good 3rd degree methods of torture.

Like it isn’t enough that single women have to deal with such men, they have to deal with some over zealous and concerned married women and obscure married men too. This married people have a major issue at hand which if not addressed soon can get out of control. They pester every person who is single to get married more if the happy single happens to be a woman. It’s the ‘why me?’ syndrome, they want everybody to suffer. Some how being married makes them think they are wiser, what’s the connection, don’t ask I don’t know, ain’t married yet.

All these well wishers advice me to get married as soon as possible, I wont get a nice guy once I am over the prime marriageable age. I don’t want to break the illusion so I don’t tell them nice guys do not exist, they never did. Met one such well wisher the other day, she wanted to know when I planned to get married, I said I don’t know, need a guy to get married don’t I, at least the last time I checked the criteria had not changed. She wouldn’t listen to me, told me one has to get married, I asked why, with the, I know something that u don’t know enigmatic look she only repeated that one has to get married.

I have always wondered about this, why so much pressure to get married and that to in a stipulated time frame, like if one gets married at the age of 50 for the first time it’s unacceptable. I think the reason is sex, since our society doesn’t acknowledge pre marital sex, its important to get married and that too at an early age. Does it ever cross their mind that there is more to marriage than that? That somebody might be seeking a companion and they haven’t found one yet, so lets leave them to their own devices and not make it our business to advice them. I mean if sex is all one wants then there are enough people who will oblige. Marriage to me is more than that. To all those wise enigmatic people who make it their business to advice the unenlightened singles I have only one thing to say, ‘Reclaim Your Lives Guys’, if you don’t have any bright ideas go buy a Tata Safari.

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the problem ya! Stunning girls deserve to be stared at ;)

Enjoy the attention.. you have a lot to learn from me Tch Tch!

As for those pesky aunties.. just go and flirt with their husbands... that will teach them a lesson he he he

Anonymous said...

well, ahem..being a male what can i say ?

god creates beautiful things n humans. and we just pay respect by admiring it.
hehe.

dont get mad. but thats how men r . and men will be men.

Flying Machine said...

@Seema - :D

Flying Machine said...

Hey Vicky I am not mad at u for calling me stupid or for being a man. If not for men where would I find the ideas for my post. :D

Pulse said...

Stare right back girl, it works!!!

Flying Machine said...

@Pulse - hehehehe
Aankhon ka nazara kyun kharab karne ka
:-))

Anonymous said...

well wat can i say..am a guy too..
well yeah i can understand how it feels when ur stared upon!!!

either take it as a compliment...
or whenever some fella stares at u..stare back..then he will never ever look back!!

nice guys dont exist...hmmmm

hei but dont rush with marriage for the heck of someone pressurising cos it is ur life and ur goana live it..and there will be surely someone u might like afterall..a bit nice atleast!!

and surely marriage is not about sex...and there is so much to it!!

from a guys point of view..i enjoy being single..and the time comes when i think am ready then i shall take the marriage plunge!!

cheers bhagya...a nice read and a food for thought about how a girl feels when stared upon!

phew my comments look like a post in itself!!

Flying Machine said...

godolphin - Nice guys do exist I know a few of them, few is the keyword here. :-))
If only all those nosey ppl. will understand that its better to be single until we feel right about a person and get married.

Cheers to u too.

Anonymous said...

Hey there... your writing makes me laugh. Its so straight from the heart (or is it the mind?). Will keep coming back lady!

Anonymous said...

ha ha "few" is it..well that was a bargain and good that u know them too!!lol

dont bother about nosey ppl..its like..can u straighten a dogs' tail? no right..and so cant stop those ppl being nosey!!

enjoy ur life the fullest!!! cos who knows what is there in store for tomoro..anywayz have a nice day!!

Anonymous said...

Nice post! Cheers.

Anonymous said...

hmmm,
hmmm,
hmmm,
hmmm...

Flying Machine said...

Grey Shades - Thx, and do keep coming.
I think my heart and mind is the same.

Or maybe they are diff. but just tuned in right.

Anonymous said...

Good post. I too get damn irriteted when guys 'scan' me usually. Then I start giving a blank but continuous stare to them. And I observe, afer few seconds they look down. I enjoy it...poor guys...their biological instincts and egos are so high that in spite of having a fear (or guilt?) in mind, they can't stop themselves...come on, let's have pity for them...And who told you that marriage is a solution for this visual and tactile harrassment? Just suggest this person to ask about it to her/his mother that, being married and at the age of 50, isn't she facing it anymore?

Flying Machine said...

godolphin - I donot bother much anyways, me is always high on life.

But nosey ppl. make such good entertainment and they dont even know it.

Flying Machine said...

deejay - yups I have such effect on ppl. even deejay the king of words and expressions can be dumb founded

Sigh, I am just too good. LOL

Flying Machine said...

Gunjan - gunju nice to have a comment from one of my fav, ppl.

Anks said...

being stared at s really creepy!!! kudos for surviving the earlier workplace.... and i agree with what u have to say abt marriage.... why the whole world is concerned with a single woman's marriage just fails me!

Anonymous said...

.. a very well written post, i must say.. esp.. the way u ended.. ((sign of a great wirter in u..!!))

err.. btw.. single and looking bhagya.. i belive in the same school of thought.. and im can wait till 50.. or 60 as well.. or maybe beyond.. ;-)

but then of the staring thing.. like seinfeld mein he says at one of his shows..
cleavage is to men as shoes are to women.. when we come across it.. we just cannot NOT look.. he might be joking.. and cleavage may be too much.. but when we come across a female, we just cant helpe it..!! its not always lewd.. as u might want to put it..!!

just biology..!!

Anonymous said...

and when godolphin says.. well wat can i say..am a guy too..
well yeah i can understand how it feels when ur stared upon!!!
..

hmmmm.. im wondering..!! are u..??

just kidding man.. no offenses meant..!! :-)

Flying Machine said...

anks - thank god the current workplace is not like that, anyways this is a avery small organisation and the guys here were content with just checking out, no staring b'ness everyday.

Flying Machine said...

Shreyas u don't know what these words ((sign of a great wirter in u..!!)) mean to somebody who until a few months back believed she couldn't write to save her life. If not for Ganju and Dim I never wud have even tried.

'cleavage is to men as shoes are to women' good point. :D But dont remember when I went around showing cleavage. :))

Anonymous said...

oh my god this is so true...all the married so called wise ppl keep bugging me too .i mean gimme a break ..i am only 23 ...they act like i am going to be 45 tomorrow.hey abt guys staring well u cant helpit they just do.i am in china ..here forget the guys ..everyone keeps staring ..it was wierd intially but then i changed my attitude and started enjoying the attention.

Flying Machine said...

gayatri - I am not saying that my predicament is greater than urs, but I think its ok if the chinese stare, when they come to India I will stare at them too just to get back at them for u.

A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

"I don’t want to break the illusion so I don’t tell them nice guys do not exist, they never did"

I OBJECT!

Which reminds me of that joke: My wife is a sex-object. Everytime i want to have sex, she objects.

Chill.

Flying Machine said...

Chrysanthemum - Objection Over ruled.

Anonymous said...

arrey i know.. cleavage was too much.. but its a dialogue from an american sitcom.. the point is about staring and well, how much ever i say it.. hum mein se koi bhi bandaa kabhi sudharega nahee..

amen..!! :-)

Anonymous said...

For those who didn't know, here are the exact words from seinfeld...

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun -- ya don't stare at it!"

Flying Machine said...

me - I know the american sitcom.... Seinfeld is my fav. show. Though I dont watch it regularly.

Aur kabhi koi bandaa sudhar gaya toh hum pehchan nahi payenge :))

A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

Yeaaa! Sienfeld rocks!! Have 1st 3 seasons on dvd. Btw, mash rocks too... but unable to get the dvds. Anyone able to guide me where to find them?

Anonymous said...

All the good girls are married.
All the good men are married as well.
Not necessarily to each other.

Anonymous said...

Dont bother about stares....also dont let those 'marriage advisers' get to you...you live your life on your own terms...and you'll marry when and with whom-so-ever you want to....no two ways about it.

n.g. said...

marriage is overrated. treat it like natural progression of life and it'll treat you as inconsequentially.

and about the tata safari campaign, i haven't seen a more blatant rip off of the 'requiem for a dream' theme track. i mean, good lord. its almost a straight lift. those guys at ogilvy dont usually steal but when they do they sure aren't discreet about it.

Anonymous said...

i do agree with "Me"
and come on, if men dont turn and give women glances, quite a lot of women would go home, walk to the mirror and wonder " whats wrong with me, have i becomes that old. ohhh, it must be those wrinkles...etc.."

and men give u ideas for the post. hmmm..... that can be twisted n turned in so many ways...but maybe some other time..hehe

Flying Machine said...

John Galt - Lol A kadva sach

Flying Machine said...

Yups rusty no two ways about it.

Flying Machine said...

nish - Probably the guys at Ogilvy found inspirational better than Original.

Flying Machine said...

Vicky - If men do not glance at me even I would wonder if somethings wrong with me, my self esteem will not be able to cope with it. I mean it :))

But believe me being stared at constantly by the same ppl. for 18 months is a serious matter of concern.

Dont know abt. my ideas but but urs seem to be twisted hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

thanks so much bhagya.. :-) that was very helpful [tips in seema's blog..hei mentioned the rate of nano on my blog..let me know if u want any details. if u r a music buff..go for it..it is awesome!

Flying Machine said...

Thanks go

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://yngzjaur.com/pugy/bitq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://thrtzbil.com/pqwp/gvqi.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://yngzjaur.com/pugy/bitq.html | http://aellkmfn.com/mtsu/pezi.html

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Backpacks sites 2004 porsche 911 targa lapis blue pictures battery case aa Street craps dice die play Blackjack 1000 fiat 125p rally buy mp3 player Blackjack 2bgames http://www.blackjack-rules-9.info/black_jack_secrets.html infant carrier seat cover yoga pilates richmond bc http://www.cargpsmaps.info/Macgyver-s-jeep-hidden-winch.html Canadian cancer lotteries Provigil free doctor consultation