Thursday, September 15, 2005

Tiff

Had a tiff with the BEST Bus Driver today. After waiting for 15 minutes a bus for my route came, there was already a bus at the bus stop hence this bus had to stop behind it, so I got in from the front door. The driver stopped me and rudely said, "yahan se kyun chadh rahi ho", I said aapne yahaan pe bus roka isliye yahaan se chadh rahi hoon.

My answer only made him more angry, he said,"Toh main kya bus aage wale bus par chadhaoon, I said, Maine kab yeh kahaan, mujhe peeche tak chal kar nahi jaana tha toh main yahaan se chadh gayi, apka kya nuksaan ho gaya"

Well no need to say, my attitude did not go down well with him. He raised the danda that stops people from getting in or out of the front door and said, "Aap utar jao aur peeche se chadho, I said, Main utar jaungi par aap Bus nahi bhagana. I got down and he brought the bus to the bus stop and stopped at the right place, the back door exactly in front of me, I got in.

If this incident had happened may be a month back, I would have meekly alighted the bus, ran to the back door to get in from there praying that the bus should not start, but this time I stood my ground. Have I become confrontational, Dim thinks I have. But I think I have only stopped taking crap from people.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

atta girl.keep it up...no point being adoor mat now is there ;-)..oh btw i have posted a reviwe on salaam namaste not written by me of course ...but interesting point of view neverthless.:-)

Flying Machine said...

@gayathri - read the Salaam Namaste review on your blog, Lol just loved it. And thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

hey no sweat..will visit again ;-)

Pulse said...

shanthi rakho mateh, en nasamajh driveron se tiff karne mein koi matlab nahi....sab maya hai!!!

Anonymous said...

hei bhagya..way to go gal..good attitude..no one shud treat us as a doormat. and its not confrontational..its ur right u demanded!! done a few things like this here too..but hope they dont deport me..he he!!

Flying Machine said...

@godolphin - even if they deport you good ol' India will welcome you. :-)

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha..well bfore that i have to spend 6 months in prison..

Flying Machine said...

@godolphin - not a bad idea, free food and housing, very appealing. :D

Anonymous said...

heard prisons here are good too..and they treat ppl well..so wat do u suggest..do i jump the chance..but pbm is drivers here are well behaved and helpful..well they are trained to be so!!! so am thinkin wat will land me there...he he

Anonymous said...

Way to go girl! I'm proud of you :)

Anonymous said...

mumbai mein ek aur lesson learnt..?? way to go gurrllll...!!

Flying Machine said...

@Parna - The man wasn't really doing his duty, one doensn't have to be rude to be dutiful. And the rule is for the convenience of the passengers, I got in from the front door only cause nobody was alighting and the bus had stopped quite far from the stop.

In the bus drivers case he was only showing off his power. Thats what made me retaliate and I wasn't rude.

Flying Machine said...

@godolphin - Make up your mind to get into a jail, reasons will just crop up like wild flowers. :-)

I can already imagine you enjoying their hospitality, hahahaha. I know I am being mean, but am enjoying it.

Flying Machine said...

@me - Yups!Mumbai the best place to learn tough lessons.

Anonymous said...

Well, just read all the comments on this post, just like to say that Dont Judge a book by its cover and Still water runs deep.
I dont know if this makes any sense, but you know, its a encrypted way of saying something i want to.
Looks like my mind was more affected by that darned book than i thought!

Flying Machine said...

@dim - :D

Flying Machine said...

Your mind has not been affected by that darned book anymore than you wanted too. Things that were deeply buried have surfaced, nothing more.

Neel Arurkar said...

Hmmm. There was one more way out. You could have just pointed to a board near the entrance that says you are allowed to do so. There was no way out for him to challenge that.

Flying Machine said...

@Neel Arurkar - Never thought of that.
:-)