Tuesday, September 27, 2005

All For A Pay

Boss and Ganju were supposed to go for a client meeting today, but for some unfathomable reason Boss opted out and made me a Bakra to accompany Ganju. Thankfully I was informed about this yesterday, I refused to go, Ganju tried emotional blackmail. She said ok then I will go alone if you don’t want to come with me. In spite of myself I felt sorry for her and decided to confront boss.

Went to his cabin and fortunately at that moment remembered that the boss pays my salary so instead of confronting him, just informed him that I cannot possibly go as I have loads of work. Boss said ok ask Ganju if she will go alone, I looked at her she was in tears, so I relented and agreed to accompany her.

Anyways I was going so thought might as well impress her clients so wore a saree. Reached office to find it closed had to wait out until somebody came and opened it, meanwhile two girls from the neighbouring office started grilling me they wanted to know if something’s special today I said no I wear clothes everyday.

Boss came and opened the office, Ganju came in a little late and then we left for the meeting. Took a cab from Bhandup to Malad, that’s like travelling from Mumbai to Pune (at least on this route the roads are good and you are glad that you are getting out of Mumbai) Once the meeting started as usual Ganju was in the limelight (after all its her client meeting) and I was just occupying a chair and every time the firang client looked at me I feigned interest and would nod my head. Like acting dumb was not enough I had this great urge to relieve myself. Once the meeting was over that’s exactly what I did. I came back to only find that another guy had come in and was carrying on with the meeting I just waited outside and chatted with some HR people.

After another hour Ganju came out, we managed to avoid the Malayali HR guy who wanted to take Ganju to the canteen for lunch and went to a good restaurant nearby and had scrumptious meal. Wanted to come back to the office and go off to sleep, but instead wrote this post.

Now Ganju is gone home and I am still in the office trying to catch up with the day’s work. All this because of the timely reminder yesterday, of the source of my monthly pay. :D

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope, at least the reason that you wore the saree was accomplished. Otherwise it looks like it was just a waste of time.

Neel Arurkar said...

Nice post :-) Damn the clients. So many things are done just to please them :-)

Anonymous said...

Oye... stop calling me Ganju na... itna acha naam hai mera.. besides I'm not even ganja. Anyways, I must thank you for accompanying me to the meeting... I would have pulled out my hair if I had to travel all alone. Besides I love your company.. especially the long talks we have about anything under the sun :)... (now that's a genuine compliment I'm giving you)
And speaking about that Mallu HR guy... I didn't even know he had invited us for lunch, else I wouldn't let an opportunity of free lunch go by :D
Poor fellow... bechare ko akele hi khana pada.
I promise I will accompany you for your client meetings and keep my mouth shut and act dumb :)

Anonymous said...

And ya... you missed a chance to ogle at that handsome Director ... all for a pee?

Anonymous said...

LOL@seema aka ganju at the last comment ...

Bhagya, truly kya kya karna padta hai paapi pet ke liye ... (hv i made it sound sufficiently filmi LOL)

Anonymous said...

hehe.
u r really spoling seema's name.

and that reminds me of a song by MJ -" anything for money ". hehe

and u let free lunch slip by. god, can i call u stupid without ur getting angry ?
agree with seema, never let free lunches slip by.

and now that u would probably have got ur pay. u can confront ur boss. and post the episode. hehe

Anonymous said...

hi bhagya
ha ha poor ganju..aka seema!!

hei maybe ganju wanted to meet the HR guy..and bcos u were there..she opted out..haha jus jokin lol

well yeah we have to do some crap all the time all for the pay..
i will always try to take my boss on by his horns..but decide not to at the last moment..lol

Crush said...

who is ganju?? I love the name! I JUST love the name!! I JUST SIMPLY love it!! :))

damn! no yahoo emoticons...

moral of the story: no pee'ing if client has handsome directors :(

do you two talk about everything under the sun even when you are not under the sun?? just genuinly curious...nice post!

again! I like 'ganju' :D

Flying Machine said...

Hey Anonymous dont be scared to give out ur name. I wud assume the clients were impressed, wouldn't think otherwise. Anyways I love wearing a saree so it doesn't really matter
:D

Flying Machine said...

@Neel Arurkar - Yups but its fun, without them how wud we survive. :-)

Flying Machine said...

@Seema - I can't stop calling u Ganju I just cannot get used to calling u seema. Ur welcome and I honestly don't want u to accompany me to my client meetings u know why I have the weirdest clients :-)Thank God u didnot hear him invite us for lunch or else u wud have accepted it and another session for me to act dumb, lest he got interested in me. :D

If u forgot I am a Sabhya ladki, I donot ogle at married men. hahahahaha

Flying Machine said...

@deepakjeswal - yes that was sufficiently filmi :D

Now since I cannot wish Lata Mangeshkar on her birthday. Wishing u instead :-))

Flying Machine said...

@Parna - I missed half of the meeting, thank God for that. :-)

Ganju is Seema, I call her Ganju for a reason, she has more than 1 name.

Flying Machine said...

@Vicky - Can't help it in fact I wud say she deserves it LOL. Arey what to do he offered lunch only cause he cud spend some time with Seema, I was already bored didnt want to spend another hour seeing a guy trying to impress Seema. I wud have probably rolled on the canteen floor laughing.

Flying Machine said...

@godolphin - ya thats a possibility maybe I was just kabab mein haddi, hahahahahahaha

Arey my boss is good yaar and if I really didn't want to go I wud have made that clear.

Flying Machine said...

@Crush - Hey Looks like u been here for the first time, agree with u I too just love the name Ganju. And Seema has high hopes that I gonna stop using that name.

The answer to ur question is yes :D

Anonymous said...

I told you so many times, you dont have to worry about the pay. The keyword is 'K'...he he ;-)

Anonymous said...

hmm.. bosses are weird things, but they surehave their uses, liking signing onthe payslips and on sick/fun/funky/justincase/casual leave forms.. :) i rule both of mine.. in fact during the Gitex, they got a compliment - " you two are the only managers who are really run by thier assistant " which is of course the case everywhere.. but i just remind mine that i happen tohave a steel base ball bat which i aint afraid to use - :0 as to meetings.. try presentation - which strat with like 50 people and then they stand up and walk out.. just to see the half naked gals at the neighbouring booth.. ughhhhhhhh it bugs me to no end.. :)

Anonymous said...

@Dreams - Rotfl

Anonymous said...

@Pulse - Lol lets not get there.

A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

Is it only me or is something going on between seema and bhagya? ;)

Flying Machine said...

@A Chrysanthemum... - its only you.

A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

Ah good. Thats reassuring. Same ol' me

Anonymous said...

..get on with the days work.. ya get on with the days sleep.. arrey yeh kaunsaa office hai bhai.. looks cool to Me.. if u get sleeping time..!!

Anonymous said...

eggjacktly.

u would have had a free lunch and u would have had a good solid laugh. what more can u ask for , hehe.
and u could have a new post about it.
u missed out. u really missed out.

Flying Machine said...

@ME - Cool ppl. make a cool office :D

@Vicky - Now don't make me feel bad abt. it :D

Anonymous said...

mornings & Tidings.. and wheres today share of your life?? I tried the shoutbox, but it times out.. the wireless here sucks.. there i go.. first crib of the day .. nah.. make it second.. there was no sugar in my coffee in the morning.. that sucked big time too.... :):) good.. lifes normal..

Flying Machine said...

@Dreams - keep a count u might be able to enter the Guinness world record for the highest cribs in a day. :-)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
» » »